How does the Food Font interactive design tool work?
The interactive design tool will be available to use on the Food Font website. With the tool, you can write with various food alphabets, choose backgrounds, and do basic layout techniques to make images that can be saved, shared electronically, and also printed on your own printer. The tool can be used to make images, posters, signs, and other printed materials. You can also post what you make on the creation in the Food Font gallery which will be on the main page of the Food Font website.
What alphabets will be available to use with the tool?
You will be able to use any food alphabets that you made as well as any others submitted to the tool. Background images also will be submitted for use in the tool. .
What can you make with the tool?
When you are done using the tool you will be able to save, print, email, post what you make to social networking sites. You also can post your Food Font image on the FoodFont gallery which will be featured on the main page of the Food Font website.
What are some of the specific mechanics of the tool?
Some of the functions of the tool include the ability to:
- Select and write with Food Fonts
- Align, format, and adjust spacing of type
- Resize, edit, rotate, lighten/darken elements
- Select and load backgrounds, template, and images
- Use a letter as a stamp or brush
- Add drop shadow, glow and outline effect
- Save and print files
- Send images to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest,
- Send images to email
- Share, post, and tag images in the Food Font Gallery
- Advanced feature – of being able to do advanced spacing of each letter
What are some of the features of the tool?
Some features include:
- Cross-platform internet tool, works in web browsers
- Easy, clean interface
- Two modes of working: Basic and Advanced
- File storage of images created
- All images can be printed on a home computer
What is the timeline for the tool development?
September – October 2012
Food Font event and activities continue.
November – December 2012
Edit and prepare the food alphabets for the food font design tool. Work with the teachers who are creating the lesson plans for using Food Font in the classroom.
Spring – Summer 2013
Finish the interface and design of the design tool. Begin working with the programmer/developer to build the Food Font design tool.Do the official launch of the Food Font (version 1.0) tool. The tool will be available and live on the Food Font site for everyone to use.
Summer – Fall 2013
Continue to develop the Food Font interactive tool and to build and expand the Food Font community.